Seattle Dental Implants & Prosthodontics – Seattle, WA
Porcelain veneers are made of a thin layer of ceramic that is cemented directly to the front surfaces of the teeth using adhesive resin cements. They may be an ideal choice for improving your smile and have become increasingly popular due to their simplicity and versatility. As a cosmetic dental procedure, dental veneers can create a brighter, whiter smile composed of more perfectly aligned and shapely teeth. Veneers are usually placed for cosmetic reasons alone, rather than for cracked or decayed teeth where crowns are usually better and the preferred option. Veneers also take off the least amount of enamel, thereby, preserving the majority of the tooth. The translucent quality of today’s porcelain veneers provides a more natural look than what has been available to past generations as well as a very bright, white color similar to Hollywood movie stars, should you so choose.
Placing custom veneers requires a high degree of technical skill as well as attention to cosmetic detail. Dr. Chung places veneers routinely and designs each case individually to match and enhance the characteristics of each patient’s smile including the shape, color and size of the teeth.
Despite the causes of unattractive teeth, veneers have the ability to solve many of your cosmetic concerns regarding your smile and existing teeth. Such problems may include:
- Wear and Tear: Teeth naturally wear down as people age. Older teeth are more likely to have cracks, chips, or an uneven appearance.
- Worn Enamel: The thin, hard white substance covering your teeth (enamel) may become worn, dulled, and discolored over time.
- Uneven Teeth: Uneven length or width of teeth can be a result of teeth grinding or general wear.
- Discolored Teeth: Teeth that are naturally stained by dark drinks or chemically stained by antibiotics use such as tetracycline
- Genetics: Certain people may be born with abnormal appearance of teeth or spacing between the teeth that grows wider as they age.
Will they look like normal teeth?
When bonded to the teeth, the ultra-thin porcelain veneers are virtually undetectable and highly resistant to extrinsic stains such as coffee, tea, or even cigarette. For strength and appearance, their resemblance to healthy, white tooth enamel is unsurpassed by other restorative options.
How durable are porcelain veneers?
With proper care, porcelain veneers will brighten your smile for well over a decade. Dr. Chung will ensure that your veneers are crafted from the highest quality porcelains and are bonded with the most advanced and proven materials available.
If you think you are a candidate for veneers or are interested in finding out more information, you may contact our office by clicking here.
Please visit our Before and After Gallery for Dental Veneers in Seattle WA.